We have recently noticed that there has been a sharp increase in the number spammers using Pixie to advertise products and services and other related SEO activity.
This practice is in violation of our terms of service and as such any account that is created for any purpose other than sharing personal photos will be immediately deleted without warning or notification.
For the avoidance of doubt, the following is a non-exhaustive list of typical violations:
- Accounts whose description contains a link to a commercial website
- Accounts whose photo descriptions contain links to commercial websites
- Accounts whose photos largly depict products, parts, inventory, items for sale or rent, services, screenshots, clip-art, cartoons or animated GIFs
- Accounts whose photos are in clear violation of another's intellectual property (copyright)
- Accounts whose photos are hot-linked to commercial websites, sales or auction sites
- Accounts whose photos are hot-linked without linking back to the original on pix.ie
- Accounts whose comments are offensive, inappropriate, commercial in nature or contain links to commercial websites
- Pornography or explicit nudity of any kind
Over 100,000 such photos have recently been removed and it is our policy to increase our efforts to police these activities and ensure Pixie remains free for use by our community for the purpose it was created.
If your account has recently been deleted, please don’t try creating another as this will only waste both of our time.
To everyone else, we love you!